This post by Sean X Cummings covers a favorite topic: the evolution of the ad agency business. There’s plenty to agree and disagree with in Sean’s post. If you’re currently with an agency, or own one, maybe you’ll agree with the post, and at the same time think: He’s talking about OTHER agencies… We’re different. Continue reading
Tag Archives: interactive marketing
1 Comment | tags: ad agency evolution, in-house ad agencies, interactive advertising, interactive marketing, marketing communications, Say it stronger, Sean X Cummings | posted in Say it stronger, The ad business
In a purely entertainment, this Pringles banner is wonderful. But it raises a few questions about the marketing value.
When people click the ad, what about it would make anyone buy the product? Is there anything compelling, other than the creativity of the ad? There seems to be a leap in logic from the funny commentary, to the actual sales process. Continue reading
Can an old copywriter learn new tricks? One way or another, I’m going to apply what I know about traditional marketing to the fast-changing world of online marketing. Continue reading
- Inbound marketing: a primer
- What if we listened to the nay-sayers?
- The shame of Abercrombie & Fitch
- The trust deficit
- One way to respond when your competitors lie to your customers
- From Seth Godin: How to tell a great story
- The future of education – and maybe the future of marketing
- When raving fans spread your message
- 14Four ad agencies advertising advertising agencies airline branding airline marketing bad advertising bad branding bad marketing Bank of America Barrett J. Rossie Barrett Rossie brand branding brand strategy Burton-Ching community copywriter creative creative strategy creativity culture dishonest advertising email marketing Eminem Foote Cone Girvin great vision statements Hal Riney Hayes Barnard imageworks Inbound marketing interactive advertising interactive marketing John Robideaux lies in advertising Magner-Sanborn marketing marketing communications marketing message marketing strategy Marty Neumeier message development message strategy messaging strategy positioning qualitative research Quisenberry Say it stronger Sean X Cummings Seven2 small-market agencies small business marketing social media marketing Stories storytelling strategic communication strategic messages strategic planning Super Bowl commercial teamwork terrible customer service The Brand Gap The Martin Agency The Richards Group traditional advertising truth in advertising United Breaks Guitars value proposition vision statement vision statements WalMart Wieden Wieden & Kennedy Wieden+Kennedy